Central and South Texas are home to the Texas Hill Country, where the beautiful landscapes and sunsets seem to stretch on forever. The Texas Hill Country has a combination of beautiful weather, small towns, scenic routes, great food, swimming spots, and so many other activities that would make for a fun summer adventure.
Listed below are just a few of the restaurants, activities, and sites we recommend you check out next time you are looking for a fun summer activity or trip.
- Float down the river: As the summer heat settles in, we recommend you try renting a tube or kayak and enjoying the live water features the Texas Hill Country has to offer
- New Braunfels: relax as you float down the crystal clear river in your tube.
- Medina river: the calm and clear waters make for a great kayak ride.
- Hiking/rock climbing: Rock climbing and adventurous hikes are some of the best ways to check out the scenic views the Hill Country has to offer
- Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg: one of the best places to watch the sunset on the Hill Country horizon.
- Gorman Falls: a scenic drive through wildflowers and a hike through ranch lands leads to a huge, breathtaking waterfall.
- Bar-B-Que: one of the biggest food staples of Texas is BBQ food. The Texas Hill Country is home to some of the best BBQ spots!
- Hill Country wine tours: explore the up and coming wine country with a wine tour through Fredericksburg, New Braunfels, or Marble Falls.
- Gruene-Fredericksburg-Bandera: take in the country views full of ranches, farmlands, hills, lakes, and make a few stops along the way to explore.
- Willow City Loop: 13 miles of Hill Country landscape that provides great views of Texas bluebonnets, wildflowers, and ranches.
Want to be able to do and see these things everyday?
Bownds Ranches can help you find your perfect ranch, farm, or recreational property to settle down in the Texas Hill Country. Look into purchasing your very own piece of the Texas Hill Country, where the beautiful scenery will become your backyard and you will be able to indulge in all the fun activities it has to offer more often. If you are looking to purchase or sell land in the Texas Hill Country area, then call Brandon Bownds at (830) 966-6111